Saturday, December 7, 2013

'Tis The Season

You may be thinking this is a post about joyful giving or perhaps the birth of our Savior. But let me warn you now, it is not. <<Don't worry, I am sure I will touch on those before the month is over.>>

In fact this is about my current season.

It has been a season of exhaustion. In all aspects of the word. I am slightly sleep deprived. Ok, a lot, sleep deprived. I have been stretched beyond my physical, mental, and emotional limits. This season is one of waiting on the Lord. A season of Unknown. This season is not bad. It is just kinda blah.

It's blah because who really enjoys their patience being tested?

Opportunities are increasing with no clear direction. It's so close we can taste it. But what is IT exactly? And where is IT? Ironically enough, I do actually find hope in this, because I am not unfamiliar with the 'unknown' seasons in my life. I know very well that these times are trying and very much rewarding. I know that during these seasons, God is working on something that just simply isn't ready yet. This season is long because everything has to be just right for the victorious moment that His glory will be made known.

 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him
>>Romans 8:28<<
 
 
For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.
>>Ecclesiastes 3:1-8<<


'Tis the Season to Wait on the Lord.


Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
>>Matthew 11:28<<

Rest.

Rest is exactly what my mind needs.




...What I need more is Jesus in this season...

No comments:

Post a Comment